An enterprise web filtering solution must provide a robust defense against web-borne threats along with being flexible in order to meet the requirements of the enterprise. However, flexibility without ease-of-use can result in the solution being useless. If enterprise web filtering software is difficult to configure, filtering parameters may either be set too high – obstructing workflows – or set too low, allowing a gateway for hackers.
At SpamTitan, we are conscious of the possible issues related to enterprise web filtering, and we have developed a range of flexible and easy-to-use enterprise Internet filtering solutions that can be set up and in minutes, that have no upfront costs, and that have low maintenance overheads – releasing IT resources to focus on other important problems. We also provide guidance on how to optimize filtering parameters.
In order to maximize the flexibility of our enterprise web filtering software, we deploy a three-tier filtering mechanism and whitelists to allow access to websites that may otherwise be restricted and to reduce the strain on CPU resources when the solution is reviewing encrypted websites. The three tiers consist of URIBL/SURBL filters, category filters and keyword filters:
- URIBL/SURBL filters manages requests to visit websites against blacklists of websites known to be harboring malware or who mask their true identities behind proxy servers. They also review for any IP addresses associated with phishing attacks and block access if a match is discovered.
- Our category filters sort more than six billion web pages into fifty-three different categories (abortion, adult entertainment, alternative beliefs, alcohol, etc.). Network Administrators can block access to any of the categories with the click of a mouse via the centralized management portal.
- Keyword filters restrict access to websites containing specific words, using specific apps, or inviting installations with specific file extensions. This third tier of our enterprise web filtering software supplies a high level of granularity to prevent workflow obstruction or gateways for hackers.
All the filtering parameters are subject to user policies, which can be established and managed by individual user, user group or enterprise-wide. For ease of use, our enterprise Internet filtering solution can be integrated with Active Directory and LDAP, and allows for many different administrative roles to be created for network managers, policy managers, and reporting managers.
SpamTitan’s variety of flexible and simple-to-use enterprise Internet filtering solutions consist of WebTitan Gateway, WebTitan Cloud, and WebTitan Cloud for WiFi. Each can be deployed within minutes and each has automatic network configuration.
- WebTitan Gateway is a virtual appliance that is downloaded behind the firewall and can be run as an ISO directly on existing hardware or a virtual infrastructure. It can be used on most operating systems, scalable to thousands of users and supports both HTTP and HTTPS web filtering.
- WebTitan Cloud takes advantage of cloud-based technology to send an unmatched combination of coverage, accuracy and flexibility with imperceptible latency. Deployment only needs a quick redirection of the enterprise´s DNS to our servers.
- WebTitan Cloud for WiFi has been specifically created to supports both static and dynamic IP addresses. It keeps wireless networks, single WiFi access points and nationwide networks of WiFi hotspots safe from web-borne threats with the same flexibility and ease of use.
All of our enterprise Internet filtering solutions provide actual-time oversight of network web activity and a suite of reporting options that can be set up to provide deep insight into activity by user, user group, URL or IP address and identify trends or policy violations. Network Administrators can also set up email alerts to notify of any attempts to circumnavigate the enterprise web filtering software.
If your interest in enterprise Internet filtering solutions is a result of you being a Managed Service Provider (MSP) or reseller, you will appreciate that flexibility and ease-of-use is of paramount importance when supplying an enterprise Internet filtering service to clients. The option of managing the solution yourself, or delegating responsibility to each of your clients, may also be of interest to you.
However, some of the biggest benefits of providing our WebTitan service to your clients are that all three WebTitan solutions are multi-tenanted enterprise Internet filtering solutions, they can be provided in white label format for re-branding, and we offer a range of hosting options – in our infrastructure, in your infrastructure, or in a private cloud for each client via AWS. Please speak with us for more information about our services for MSPs.
If you would like to discover more about our flexible enterprise web filtering software, do not hesitate to contact us and talk about your requirements with one of our Sales Technicians. The discussion will help decide the most appropriate enterprise Internet filtering solution for your circumstances, after which you will be asked to take advantage of a thirty day free trial.
During the trial period, you will be supported by our industry-leading Customer and Technical Support experts. They will provide advice about optimizing the filtering parameters, and take you through fine-tuning the enterprise web filtering software to achieve optimum effectiveness. Then, at the end of the free trial, if you choose to continue with our service, no further configuration will be rnecessary.
We are happy that you will find our enterprise web filtering software a strong defense against web-borne threats, flexible and easy-to-use. Contact us today to begin your free trial and you could be evaluating the merits of our enterprise Internet filtering solutions in your own environment quickly.