Hotel guests tend to take Wi-Fi security as a given when they are staying overnight. However, if there is no secure connection in place, anyone using the network could be in danger of leaving themselves exposed to malware infection or another type of cyberattack. A cloud-based web content filtering solution mitigates the risk of a guest inadvertently downloading malware onto their own device and also protects guests from being exposed to inappropriate website content on other guests´ mobile devices.
it should not be taken for granted by guests that Wi-Fi is secure. Research will inform the speed and reliability of the network that each hotel is offering, and any checks should also determine if they offer a filtered Internet service. Every hotel offers some level of Wi-Fi but a lot of these solutions are not completely secured Wi-Fi networks. Hotel Wi-Fi can be very susceptible to cyberattacks and malware installations. It is crucial that hotels put in place enterprise cloud-based web filtering and limit the websites that guests are allowed to access.
There are five steps that hotels should take to see to it that the Wi-Fi they are providing for their guests is fully secure.
- Step 1: Configure cloud-based content filtering: This should be the foundation that hotel Wi-Fi is built upon. This can be implemented for a reasonable level of investment. and there are many different cloud-based web filtering solutions that will allow you to send all of your traffic through their filtering system. A solution such as WebTitan can prevent access to malware and credential phishing web portals. The majority of cloud-based filtering solutions incorporate a malware gateway that checks all web traffic for malicious code threats. Another advantage is that these solutions can be utilized to prevent access to certain website categories. This can be implemented using a simple web GUI interface using your web browser.
- Step 2: Make Wi-Fi security stronger: The reputational damage that unsecured internet access can inflict is massive and can be tricky for businesses to come back from. A hotel or campsite will not be able to state that they are a family-friendly establishment if they permit pornography or illegal websites to be viewed using their Wi-Fi network. Corporate guests must be happy that they can safely access sensitive data.
- Step 3: Configure a cloud-based content filter: This will result in the provision of a secure Wi-Fi service that allows guests to browse safely online by forbidding inappropriate content from being loaded. It requires NO software installation and NO need for technical expertise to set up or manage customer accounts. You set up new accounts easily and manage any number of hotels.
- Step 4: More Secure Wi-Fi is faster Wi-Fi: Cloud-based web filtering for malware and ads not only makes the hotel network safer, but it also boosts network speed by cutting the amount of data that is being shared. With WebTitan Cloud for Wi-Fi, web access policy can be configured for each Wi-Fi access point. This can be a competitive advantage for hotels that are marketed to families. Parents can be happy that their children are using the web in a safe environment. Cloud-based web filtering allows hotels the chance to create tiered Wi-Fi services.
- Step 5: Guide your guests to use Wi-Fi: Ensure that your guests are aware of the correct name of your Wi-Fi network. Provide a secure login page for entering credentials: The “https://” prefix ensures the login page is encrypted to protect guests’ personal information. Hotels can exercise total control over Internet content by using WebTitan, a cloud-based web content filtering solution.
WebTitan is a cloud-based web filter solution that can be used by every kind of hotel that comes with flexible controls. To discover more about the advantages of WebTitan Cloud based filtering for Wi-Fi call the TitanHQ team now.